English Muffin Pizzas

Now before I start this post, I have to share a little something with you. I read a lot of food blogs. A lot. Instead of going on Facebook when I'm procrastinating, I explore the food blogosphere. It's sad, I know, but it's what I do. However, there is one little pet peeve I have when I'm looking though said food blogs...


I absolutely drives me NUTS when I see a recipe that is so obvious, it should even be a recipe. For example, I saw a recipe for a peanut butter banana. You take a banana and swipe some peanut butter. I literally just stared at it, my mouth open. Seriously?!

I hope that doesn't make me seem crazy or anything... But anywho. This post is a little hypocritical. It's so darn easy, and doesn't really "require" anything. I literally just looked in my fridge to see what was about to go bad, acquired some English muffins, and popped them in the over. BOOM. Personal mini pizzas!


These are some yummy whole wheat English muffins. Yay for healthiness! I was making these little beauties with my boyfriend, so we used four muffins in total. Saw those babies in half and place them on a baking sheet.


I LOVE mushrooms. It almost breaks my heart when I hear someone say they don't like them. But I digress... These have been in my fridge for about one day too long... so I sauteed them in a little bit of olive oil.


When I make spaghetti, I don't like dumping the whole can of sauce into it... So I usually have a half-empty can of tomato sauce laying around. Spoon that on your muffins.


Decorate! Well... decorate isn't really the right word. Assemble would probably be more correct. Put anything you want on them! Veggies, meat, cheese... anything. These are basically 100% suited to your taste. Pop them into a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is gooey.

YUM!

I'm not going to put a recipe because that seems a little pointless. English muffins + toppings = easy, yummy dinner. Customize ahoy!

If you try it out, make sure to tell me what you put on your pizza!

-Alaina

Juliana  – (October 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM)  

Great using English muffin as a pizza crust, since I love the texture of these muffins this will make a great meal for me.
Thanks for this nice idea and have a great week ahead Alaina :-)

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake  – (October 14, 2011 at 6:54 AM)  

I used to make these for my kids...I think they'd still love them :)

foodie @ Tasting Spot  – (October 15, 2011 at 8:50 PM)  

i really like your food pictures and want to invite you to try out tastingspot.com. it's for anyone that just wants another place to submit photos and share it will other foodies. It’s still in beta version, but would love for you to start adding some photos and help get it going.

Unknown  – (October 18, 2011 at 4:03 PM)  

English muffin pizzas were my FAVORITE growing up. My brother and I would make them and get to excited for 'real' pizza. Great blog, keep up the good work :)
Laura @ A Healthy JalapeƱo

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP